I suggest you ...

save client shopping carts

soooo... client's shopping carts aren't saved after closing out the window. Seems like a no brainer to keep this tied to their emails when they login. People are used to shopping experiences like amazon where all the stuff is still in their carts for them to come back to later!

454 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marco shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter commented  · 

This feature is crucial! Literally the one thing preventing me from switching to Pixieset.

It should be very simple to make it work in the same way that favorites work . . . simply require visitors to input their email address at the moment they add something to their cart, and then associate cart items with that email. This has the added benefit that if someone clears their cookies or switches devices and then comes back to the site, as soon as they either select a new favorite or add an item to their cart (prompting them for their email address), all previous favorites AND cart items can be restored to them easily. Ideally they would also be prompted to sign in just by clicking on the cart icon, just in case they are coming back on a new device.

I have closed large sales by following up personally on abandoned carts, and consider this feature a must-have.

• Dianne commented  · 

Pixieset just told me this feature was NOT on their road map for the future. HOW can a company just ignore this. This is HUGE. Clients do not complete a cart in one sitting. And I have to explain to them all how crappy my shopping cart is - which means I won't be using this long term. Why doesn't Pisieset listen to users that this is such an important issue. DEAR Pixieset - take note, if photographers lose money bc our clients lose their carts, you will lose customers.

• Micah Mathis commented  · 

This is a huge issue for me. I had a very upset client email me about her cart disappearing and then I found this thread. If I had known that the cart does not save for my clients I would have gone with a different service. So frustrated right now as there's nothing I can do for my client, she spent several hours building her cart and now she'll have to do it again, IF she decides to do it again! So much potential $$$ lost for business, if this isn't resolved I will be switching.

• Shana commented  · 

It would also be nice if you have email registration on to be able to view the cart

• Shana commented  · 

Yes yes Yes

• Peter commented  · 

Yes, and please let us see what's in the cart on the back end!!!

• andre maier commented  · 

this is such a simple must-have together with client's ability to crop their photos.

• Shana commented  · 

This is a must.

• April Killingsworth commented  · 

Just got off the phone with a frustrated Mother of the Groom who had an order of HUNDREDS of prints get lost when her browser froze and shopping cart came up empty. Potentially thousands of dollars down the drain for me... Please save client shopping carts!

• jay eads commented  · 

agreed. this is an absolute must. i love your services and customer support, this is just a big NEED.

• Mindy Gardner commented  · 

I've gotten yelled at multiple times by clients since switching to pixieset about this, PLEASE find a fix for this so I don't have to switch to a new shopping cart.

• Sandra commented  · 

And add a feature where if they exit they get an email if they haven't placed an order in 24 hours. Helps push sales and Pixieset would make more money!!! I don't know why they don't push this!

• info commented  · 

Just got off the call with an angry client...spent the day creating an order, came back to place it and its gone...the visuals are nice for Pixieset but this is must have. Now I see this thread and this issue goes back to June 2015...why has this not be added?

***Pixieset*** you must start disclosing this to potential users... before they realize and have to spend the time to switch to another service. This is my forth cart system, I had one that had this functionality 8 years ago.

• Shana commented  · 

Any news on this?

• Kristen Uhler commented  · 

This is a HUGE issue and needs to be fixed. I'd also like to take it a step further and request that we can SEE when shopping carts are ABANDONED so we can try and salvage those sales. Lots of $$$ being lost. I've ***loved*** Pixiset for years now, but with the serious lack of basic options, I might just be switching over to Instaproofs where I can do things like send bulk emails about annual sales, recover abandoned shopping carts, etc. If Pixieset could embody these aspects of Instaproofs I'd gladly play double for a subscription!

• Shana commented  · 

Pixieset Really needs to stop working on these little things and start doing these big things. There are so many posts with great ideas, this being one of them and it seems like PIXIESET doesnt care

• Patti commented  · 

I almost lost a sale today because of this! It takes a lot of time for clients to choose their products, make their cropping and then if for any reason they leave and close their tab, they loose it! I can see why my client was SOOOO frustrated. Please fix. I don't see why you haven't fixed this. Every other platform does. You already have the user to register to see the images, and save favorites, why can't you also save the information in their shopping carts!?? PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!

• Clark commented  · 

I would be willing to give pixieset a cut of my revenue just to have mass emailing of registered clients be an easy option from within Pixieset and for saved shopping carts so that we can view all carts, email people when they have abandoned them and where clients can save them to come back later and complete their purchases. Please charge me for these options!!!! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! Should be able to do this... ShootProof already does it!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base