I suggest you ...

Allow clients to pay their retainer or session fees through the site

I would like to be able to send clients an invoice with a link to pay online for their wedding retainer or remaining balance, or their portrait session fee, with a credit card. Even just being able to send them a direct link to pay their fee would be good. The invoice would just be an added bonus to make it look more professional. Most clients pay by check, but some want to pay by credit card for airline miles, etc., and sending them to Paypal is very unprofessional.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erin commented  · 

How are you all avoiding the tax and shipping fees on a retainer?

• Felisha commented  · 

Use jotform and Stripe. Looks very professional. Put the form on your website which is integrated with stripe. Benefits of your own branding, etc and there is no telling which payment gateway you use from a customer's viewpoint.

• jessica commented  · 

Jeremy - I know that many people use Paypal, but, like you said, mostly for individuals or small businesses on ebay, etsy, etc. Something integrated through your business website, that's branded, looks SO much more professional than sending to Paypal. To me, it looks like a hobbyist just making extra cash on the side, and not a professional, well established, business.

I will look at doing your suggestion, though, thank you. Although, it's still not ideal, especially since just about every client has different amounts to pay based on the package they chose or type of session they're doing, and there's no way, that I know of, for the clients to set the amount they themselves need to pay...

• Tom commented  · 

This is a great idea!

• Jeremy commented  · 

There's a work-around for this... simply set up a gallery with icons/pictures for any/all services you want your clients to pay for online. Client clicks on the icon that says "Pay Wedding Retainer", they "buy" that just like they'd buy a photo, then go thru checkout.

On a side note, I'm not sure how asking clients to pay thru Paypal is "Very unprofessional"... I mean, it's by far the most legit payment gateway on the entire internet - used on eBay, Etsy, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. People are accustomed to it, they can use any credit card to pay, or their PayPal balance if they use PP....

Feedback and Knowledge Base