I suggest you ...

MOBILE APP IMPROVEMENTS

I love the new mobile app feature! I have been using StickyAlbums for a while now, and have contemplated switching from Pixieset to Shootproof for this and other features. I do have a few suggestions to improve the apps though that I think would make a HUGE difference. 1) The images should be able to be saved to a phone's camera roll from the app (to prevent screen shotting). 2) I would love to be able to see data on each app such as how many times it's been downloaded, how many times it's been viewed, when it was last viewed, etc. I have this option with StickyAlbums and it's very helpful when trying to see how much your clients actually use/enjoy the apps. 3) For some reason when I upload images to an app, they show up out of order, so I have to manually order them myself. It would be nice to have a feature like in the galleries where you can automatically order the images by name, date, etc. Also, even when I change the order manually, when I view the apps, the first two images are out of order. It makes it hard to organize the app and get the aesthetic you're trying to achieve when you have to keep clicking back and forth between the settings and the preview to change things around. 4) My last suggestion for now... It would be super awesome if you could integrate with Animoto, YouTube, and Vimeo so we can add a slideshow to the mobile app. Again, I had this feature with StickyAlbums and loved it! I often do highlight reel videos during my clients sessions, so it would be awesome to be able to add that to their app as well as the images. Thank you for your time, and thank you for giving us mobile apps! I'm excited to use them and hopefully see some of these suggestions be taken into consideration!

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kylee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marianne ps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to all that's said! I've just been testing out the Shootproof app, and I prefer the Pixiset version with one exception:

I REALLY like Shootproof option to add custom links. The possibilities are endless, picture adding links to special offers, reward information (referral programs), links to videos, link to your pricing information, to the client portal.... (if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd advise you to test the Shootproof app and check out the "link section). The link page would be MUCH more interesting than the "favorite" section on the app. My idea of the app opposed to the gallery is to include only a select few of the best images, so I don't really see the importance of the favorite option.

Additional idea that would also be a great time saver: Being able to add images to app from a gallery favorite selection and have them automatically resized to mobile and social media optimized resolution.

I hope you'll consider the link page seriously and would love to hear your thoughts about it, as I'm choosing between 3 different gallery and app providers right now and in the end I will choose the one with the best app/marketing options.

• Morgan Petroski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Yes! I want to be able to "gift" the app to clients that are already getting download options with their main gallery, so at the very minimum clients should be able to download web resolution from the app to save them time and have them use the app more!

• Susan Benjamins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Make it possible to download photo's / save photo's to camera roll would be my nr 1 wish right now. Because clients are making screenshots and that's just too bad... Such a beautiful app, and then they want to share their photo's on social media and they look like crap... Or I have to send them the photo's with wetransfer or a normal gallery so that they can download the photo's, but that's double the work.

And what Susan says about selecting the photo's, that's also something I'm experiencing (and it's quite annoying. Deselecting is not possible, you have to scroll to the top and click 'clear selection'.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOVE these ideas! I would like to add a few: When selecting the photos, you can't click ON and OFF them - you have to clear the entire selection! It would be great to click on and off each photo to select it and deselect it. Also, how do you all see the photos in those tiny thumbnails? I have to select the photo - click on the magnifier button and then see that is not the right one, then clear ALL the selected photos and start over.. or get out a pen and paper and make a note of the ones I want to include..... which seems silly given the ease of other programs to me. THANKS and I truly hope that you can implement at least some of these changes people are suggesting because obviously we have taken the time to write you about these issues and before that we spent lots of time trying to find a work around- so that means we really like this product! I also use Sticky Albums and switched from Shootproof to your app and would love to drop sticky albums - but need more updates like the ones suggested here- like vimeo, youtube, instagram etc integration. Its a CRAZY time for photographers to try to give our clients what they want while trying to stay in business. We need our vendors to help us stay competitive by helping us meet their (technologically driven) ever changing desires -THANKS!

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes! I agree with everything else suggested. I want to also add in the "share" section a direct link would be great to be able to copy and paste it while on a phone so it can be texted to someone.

And PLEASE the logo/signature needs to be bigger... and should have a spot on the top with the names and date.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with so much of this, and the one I'm really missing is an Instagram link in the share option. This app would be so great or my retail clients who are regularly updating their images from their phones as I send them through, but they all load to Instagram and share through it to FB. I know they wont like the app because the cant save images to their phone, or share direct to Instagram, so they would have to muck around doing screenshots.

• Felipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You pretty much nailed my feelings about the app. One thing I might add is the ability to share to Instagram too.

• Kylee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, one more thing! 5) I'd love to be able to change the focal point of the mobile app icon image! Sometimes I choose my clients favorite photo for the icon, but it's off center or chops their head off, etc. I'd love to be able to adjust it properly. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base