I suggest you ...

Option for Clients to Design & Order their own Albums & Thank You Cards from Gallery!

Another company is offering the option to have clients design and order their own albums and thank you cards directly through their gallery, saving time for the photographer and money for the clients in the end.

Love Pixieset, but these options are so tempting...
Such a great idea, and after speaking with many photographer friends we all agree this is functionality we want!

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anastasia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Naomi Levit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please integrate this option for my clients! I am considering switching to Pic-time, so that I can bring in more income for my business. But I love Pixieset and really don't want to do that! Please please please add this new feature!!

• Caitlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely think this is the biggest feature lacking from the Pixieset galleries. I love how the Pixieset galleries are configured and how they look & the style/ease of downloading for clients, but so much income is being left off the table by not being able to offer such nice & simple album design options like Pic-time offers. Please make this happen, Pixieset! I've been waiting and waiting for you guys to make this happen. I don't want to have to switch to Pic-time! Thinking good thoughts! And thanks for listening! <3

• Amy Short commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need for my clients to be able to order albums and cards. It would make such a difference!

• erinlodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE! I'm tempted to switch to that other company but I love Pixieset and I don't want to have to do that!

• jayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pic-time does this as well. I tried their platform out specifically for this feature. For me, holiday cards are big, so having the client design them and the lab fulfill them is perfect.

• Michal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that the places that the default fulfillment places offer these things.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YEEEES. I am considering switching to pass because of this. :( They integrate with My Kiss
        Lets make this happen pleeeeease?

• chellise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is so important!!!! Alot of my friends have/are moving over to another company because of this particular feature that is growing their print sales up 200-300% DO IT PLEASE!!

• Britt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Pixieset, but I've considered another gallery provider for this reason! I'd like to still have a fulfillment option, but be able to let the clients design their own thank you cards, albums, etc. At the very least, I'd like them to be able to visualize what the products look like! That's the main reason clients have told me they don't buy anything through Pixieset is because they want to visualize a product before they buy it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This idea is too good. I like how when you scroll to the end of this other companies gallery it says "Order Prints, Albums, Thank you cards" Prompting the client to check out these options, it is very easy to miss the shop on Pixieset currently, even when I tell my clients about it.

• Anastasia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spencer - I totally respect and identify with your points! I myself also am partnered with a local lab I absolutely love.

That being said, fact is most couples find the price of heirloom albums too high despite my efforts to educate them on the value of high quality prints, so they don't order albums.

Then, more often than not they end up not printing their photos at all, which is such a shame.

I'd still of course educate and promote the high quality stuff, this is just an easy option that would encourage the others to print their memories somehow, vs just having digital files.

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anastasia - again, as the professional, I rather have quality control over making a few extra quick bucks. At the end of the day, sure they might go elsewhere, but if you're planning on making any money off of this method you'll be increasing the price of the standard is if they went elsewhere on their own, so I don't see the benefit for the client to go this route.

If the quality of the printing isn't high, cost won't be high, so you'll already be in a position where you making little to nothing on it (unless you skyrocket the price), so you're setting yourself up for more hassle than anything. Sure some people will go for it, but personally, I rather not be involved in that process since if there are any issues, whether it be with shipping, quality of products , etc, it all comes back to you since you're the face of the business and the client assumes you've done your due diligence in assuring quality control.

If people want guaranteed quality and printing options I'm more than happy to send them to a reliable local lab I've worked with or partnered with, but usually they'll pay the premium to have me handle the entire process for them and just deliver the end product. This sort of indirectly devalues any sort of products you may offer in a package or a la carte, etc.

Spencer - Clients are already ordering albums online in hoards. They're familiar with that kind of thing. And Pixieset could turn on a function that only allows the high res files to be used in the designing!

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only issue with this is that I don't trust clients to design / understand how to print something properly. You'd have to upload two galleries- one optimized for web and one optimized for print.

Not to mention, depending on the size of the print, paper, album style, etc etc. The client won't have the capabilities to optimize their prints and they'll likely look bad, and in turn, make me look bad.

I rather have special orders come in and I fulfill them since I can quality check the items to ensure satisfactions. This is just another weak shortcut for photographers to make a quick buck off their own laziness.

And even the option to design their Save the Dates & Invites! Ah, that'd be amazing! And definitely used by clients!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base