I suggest you ...

Change your download icon to just read "DOWNLOAD"

So many of my clients, especially those that are not tech savvy, are having troubles finding the way to download. Please change the download icon to just say 'DOWNLOAD HERE" or something simple please.
the icon you have now is quite tiny & hard to recognize :(

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lenzy Ruffin commented  · 

The response from the pixieset admin is unacceptable and does not address the issue at all. Gallery Assist tells people that they CAN download. It doesn't help them find the tiny, obscure, why-in-the-world-is-it-this-small download button. I have to explain to 100% of my clients where to click to download their photos and I have Gallery Assist turned on by default.

Pixieset, this kind of response is what makes your customers look at other vendors. It is a PITA to have to walk my clients through the download process every single time because of your poor interface. My template email for gallery delivery includes navigation instructions so people can find the download button. I shouldn't have to do this.

• Arno Hoogwerf commented  · 

Yes please! Everytime I have to explain how my clients can download the whole collection as a zip-file, but to often I see them download every image separately...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes...to this. Honestly, how difficult can this be?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree 100% with everyone...I've had to explain to multiple clients how to download and where to find the button. It's not nearly prominent or intuitive enough, especially for older clients who aren't necessarily familiar with the symbol for download.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If they just add a download button to each individual image it would solve everything. All my clients look through their album and are like "I like this one, I want to download it. But how?"

• Alejandro commented  · 

I agree. I always have to explain how to download the gallery. It is beautiful right now, but good design should be focus in usability first...

• Eric Decket commented  · 

I also have Gallery Assist on and get emails all the time from clients that they don’t know how to download the photos. Some even have confused the cart icon for the download icon, making them think they had to pay for the downloads. Wastes my time having to respond to these emails because things are use friendly enough. The universal “download” icon is a joke of a symbol. Also, I have clients all the time who post my photos to Instagram, but instead of downloading the photo from their mobile web browser, they screenshot the image because it’s not user friendly enough for them to know how to easily download. Even high schoolers can’t figure this who I send my galleries too for a youth organization I take pictures for.

• Damian Williams commented  · 

I agree. I like the idea of having the ability to turn on text, icon, or both. I mean this is a no-brainer. Even if the bride and groom or younger generation can identify with icons and symbols, parents and grandparents can't. It would be nice to cater for the ones spending the money.

• Marcelo commented  · 

Please put "download all" button please !!!

• Siobhan commented  · 

Turning on "Gallery Assist" will not solve this issue. By the time clients are notified to "download" they will not remember any instructions. The download icon is easily missed by clients. Menu is inconsistent - you have some icons and some text. Give us photographers an option in our settings to either: display menu items all as: 1. Icons Only, 2. icons + Text (under the icons), or 3. text only (cart, favorites, download, buy, help, share). From visual perspective making menu items consistent (all icons or all text) makes this design more elegant, and more functional.

• Sabino Aguad commented  · 

I agreem, I even think it should say "Download all".

• Lem Lattimer commented  · 

Agree with everyone else's comments. All my clients can't find it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. There needs to be two type of Download: Individual Download and Gallery Download. The icon is too small and people have to search too long to find the download option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree. This needs to be looked at. First client to download collection spent and hour downloading each file because they didnt see the main download icon.

How hard can it be to amend this, seriously.

• Siobhan commented  · 

Add words "Cart", "Favorite", "Download" in front of icons to be consistent with Help? and Share. Many clients simply miss these icons because they are too small. Gallery Assist helps, but does not solve this usability issue. I know it's more elegant just to have icons, but usability is more important. Could be option in settings "verbose" menu - so photographers can choose.

• Kevin Brown commented  · 

Agree with this suggestion and would love to see this tweaked to make download icon easier to see.

• Kevin Brown commented  · 

I love Pixieset. I used the free service for less than a day and then paid a year in advance for the full service. It's amazing. I love everything about it.

Except for one very minor thing.

The small download icon that appears in the upper right corner of a gallery should be more prominent. I personally don't mind its size and placement and the fact that it's an icon only (with no text that says "download." However, I repeatedly have clients that have trouble finding the download button to download their photos.

I think there should be a download icon that is a bit more prominent.

As a bit of background, I'm a commercial shooter that doesn't offer prints. I use Pixieset to deliver commercial jobs for corporate and agency clients to download.

Thanks.

• Eric commented  · 

Can you make the shopping cart, favorite, download buttons bigger? Or maybe and a pop of color to them (blue, red and green)? I've had a few clients who had trouble finding them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base